Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ideas on what to put on rat cage levels that is easy to clean?

I am pretty sure I am going to get a critter nation rat cage for my three girl rats. I was wondering what has worked well for other people for linings. I see a lot of blanket type things on them. How often do you have to change these and don't the rats chew them? I have also heard terrarium liners work great but I am worried about the rats eating these as well. Anyone have any suggestions on what has worked for you? It would be greatly appreciated!Ideas on what to put on rat cage levels that is easy to clean?
I use fleece sheets, with 3 ratties you will only need to clean them once a week or so, and yes rats chew on them and rip them up, try offering them old shirts and towels to nest with instead and when you need a new one your local salvation army sells them for cheap ! I find the fleece sheets work great and are absorb pee quite nicely, I also put puppy pads underneath incase of a heavy marking area.
  • credit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment