Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I make a collar small enough for my pet,baby, male rat, that includes a small bell?

I don't want to loose him, so I am trying to invent cool wasy to keep up with him. Any suggestions?


Thank You In AdvanceHow can I make a collar small enough for my pet,baby, male rat, that includes a small bell?
i would actually think it's quite dangerous to put a collar on a rat. What if they scratch their shoulders and their little foot gets stuck in the collar? It could hurt them. Or what if the collar gets stuck on toys or something in the cage and it suffocates the rat?





My rats come to their names so there would be no way that I could loose them because when I call their names they come running. When you let him out you just have to monitor him.How can I make a collar small enough for my pet,baby, male rat, that includes a small bell?
buy a kitten collar.





and cut off the extra collar once you have the right size.
when my rats were small i would use reptile harnesses to walk them. as adults i would buy them ferrit harnesses. you can attach a bell to either of these.





Im excited to see someone that loves rats. not many people understand what great pets they are.
YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A HARNOUS FOR YOU RAT AT A PET STORE... I GOT ONE JUST THE OTHER DAY... THANKS I COULD HELP...-NOL@N-
ummm...i know they don't really make rat collars cuz they dont like them...trust me i know ive tried. they roll all over and flip out. and i hate to see an unhappy rat. if u still want on...get a ferret collar and just tighten it a lot. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!





=)
please please please get a harness you can seriously hurt or kill ur rat with a collar harnesses u can get from a pet store like pet smart or petco
Nothing that they won't wiggle out of! If they couldn't wiggle out it probably wouldn't be a good idea because he could get caught on something. Harnesses are definitely better than collars but they hate them from what I can tell and it's really hard to find one small enough. They make ferret harnesses and sell them for $6 or so at petsmart. They only fit one of my rats (Templeton was his name as well!) but he was 18 inches from head to tail and about as big as my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment