Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do my rats keep tearing up the newspaper in there cage ? ?

They like to rip it up to use to nest. It isn't dangerous, as most newspapers these days are printed with soy-based animal safe ink. They might also enjoy tissues, tissue boxes, and even printer paper! just without the ink. hope this helped=]Why do my rats keep tearing up the newspaper in there cage ? ?
Because thats what rats do!! They should have wood chew toys, a house to hide on, and things like hammocks to play in!! Also, never use wood shavings in small animal cages unless you plan to change it at least twice a week as wet wood shavings cause respiratory infections in small animals.Why do my rats keep tearing up the newspaper in there cage ? ?
rats love to chew and tear things up and use it for bedding it is really good enrichment for them. My rats do it with newspaper, cardboard, tissue paper, and clothing. They love wood chews that you can get in the pet store to gnaw on and it helps keep their teeth healthy.
My guess would be that they're trying to make soft bedding. A lot of bedding that they sell in stores is just torn-up newspaper, so I guess it makes good bedding!! Unless they're eating the newspaper, which I don't think is good. But if they aren't, I think they're just making a bed!! Hope that helps!
They're rats, they wont stop, it's what they do. I would suggest getting bedding instead of newspaper. I use Kaytee Aspen wood chips for all of my rodents. :]
to nest in and to play in u should tear sum up for them so they wont need to do it them selfs
my hamster does that with tissue its ok they nest in it.
they prolly will take it to their home=) thats how they make it warm and comfy..
They love to chew and tear stuff!
Hel-lo! They're RATS!
they take it to make thier home

No comments:

Post a Comment