Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I get rid of a rat in my house???

There is a rat in my house that hides in the darn oven!! How can I get rid of it? I tried the glue traps--but perhaps the one I got was cheap cause it was able to get off of the trap. Any suggestions on what to buy to kill it?How do I get rid of a rat in my house???
There is a trap called Tomcat that works quite well on larger rodents. They are easier to set than the old style rat traps. My sister uses them to catch squirrels in her house.





Dont use poison. You never know where the thing is going to die and it could stink up your house for quite a while.How do I get rid of a rat in my house???
Get some De- Con. It poison that will kill rats. Do not use this stuff if you have children or pets in the house. There is always the old fashion rat traps.
other than turning the oven on when its in there, Id call the rat people. I have them at work and they are horrid.
Cat,,with ATTitude.





DO NOT USE glue traps yikes.
Have you tried rat traps? those are traps that you put a small piece of cheese on it and spring the trap back when the rat gets near to nibble the cheese it will get caught in the trap, but they make an awful lot of noise when they are caught. I hope this helps you in some way. My daughter used to have a lot of trouble with mice, she could not get rid of them and they multiply a lot, we tried every kind of trap and nothing worked until we tried those traps for mice which are smaller size and it seemed to do the job.
I found that a 12 Gage shot gun works well.
Tell him to go to the store for some milk or something then change the locks while he's gone.





Oh THAT kind of rat. Same problem before, nothing worked except poison. Make sure that you check and recheck and check again for entrance spots. They can crawl through amazingly tight spaces.
Borrow a cat for a couple of days.
divorce him!!
Yea use the big heavy duty plastic glue traps ...and you'll have to put down some rat poison...the only prob is that if he eats it and dies then he will start to smell and you'll have to find him...you might need to tear apart some of your place to get to the rat and then repair what you broke finding the ';dirty rat';...maybe the stove lol...good luck..
rat in ma kitchen...UB40 isn't it?
  • Why is my cat vomiting white foam
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment