Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where are the scabs on my rat coming from?

Recently I found a scab on his side, along with a tiny cut nearby. Now that little one grew bigger, and I found another on his head, which is currently very small. What could be happening to him? His nails aren't that sharp, and he doesn't have a cage mate. Could it have anything to do with the tumor he has? That's my first thought, but then again, the cuts aren't anywhere near the tumor.Where are the scabs on my rat coming from?
he is probably just scratching himself. Treat him for fleas etc and see if that helps.Where are the scabs on my rat coming from?
I have been told by a lady at the pet store that these scabs appear all over the rats bodies and it is because of the tumors. She said they breed them so rapidly that many of them get the scabs and tumors.
if he has any toys they might have sharp edges or the cage might.

No comments:

Post a Comment