Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How likely is it that my rat will become pregnant?

One of my girl rats got out of her cage and into the boys' cage. I just found her there (her cage was open but the boys' was across the room) So I think she had only been in there for maybe 5-10 minutes. How likely is it for rats to get pregnant from mating once?How likely is it that my rat will become pregnant?
Rats can mate in two seconds. That is not an exaggeration. Imagine how many times the male may have mated with her in ten minutes! There's a slight chance she isn't pregnant, but don't count on it. I strongly recommend that you visit an exotics or small animals vet as soon as possible for an emergency spay procedure. Believe me, it will cost much less and have much less risk than having the litter would. Imagine how expensive it will be to care for ten baby rats, especially if you can't find homes for them!How likely is it that my rat will become pregnant?
Quite likely. Sounds kinda funny... xD. i'd say you have a 70% chance. But on the other hand, when i tried to get my 2 rats to mate, it took a few tries, even tho my female was in heat. But within 5-10 min, she could have mated with all of the boys, or vice versa. Watch out for some signs within the next couple weeks. If she is pregnant, she might build a nest and her belly will definitely get bigger, but sometimes it isn't noticeable til the 3rd week, right before birth. If she is pregnant, she NEEDS extra nutrients to keep her and her babies healthy. It's also a good idea to ask around to people who would like pet rats so you can get a good idea of a few homes the babies can go to. Go to my page %26amp; email me if you need some help/advice.
It depends. Is she in heat? Rats go into heat every 4-5 days and boys are very quick to act. So yes it's very possible. I would start weighing her every day to see if she is gaining weight. In about 2 weeks you should know if she's pregnant. Where are you located? If you are willing to bring her to the VA/MD/DC area I can take care of her and the babies and help find them homes. Let me know!
Female rats go into heat every four to five days. If she was in heat (which she probably was since she headed right for the males) then there is a very good chance she is pregnant. There is still a chance though that she might not have been in heat, in which case she might not be pregnant. You will know in about 21 days!
lol she is probably preggo! I was cleaning my 2 rats cages and i usually put them in 2 seperate areas while cleanin but decided to let them play for a minute while i ran downstairs an got the vacuum... well about 3 or 4 weeks later i heard little squeeks and my female had 7 little babies!
if there with a boy rat it wont take very long and just a tip, the more she has babies the shorter her life will be cus she will get worn out.
Very likely!!!
Very likely.





Within 5-10 minutes, she could've mated with the boy like five times. It doesn't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment