Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I tell if my rat has mites?

So, when I do get my rats, how do I tell if they have mites?How do I tell if my rat has mites?
probably does, spray its cage with diluted rosemaryHow do I tell if my rat has mites?
If your rat(s) are itching agsessivly they may have mites, or little black things\dot under their fur. Take you rats to the vet if you do see something happening, they should be able to treat it successively.
Don't rely on your vision, some mites can't be seen without a microscope. Signs can include scratching, self inflicted wounds, thinning hair, etc. Keep in mind, you don't always see signs and sometimes not even until it's a bad infestation. It's best to see a vet, to find out what you're dealing with and proper treatment. Although, I know some experienced owners/breeders use Ivermectin. It can be found at farm supply stores as a horse wormer paste. It's very easy to overdose though, which is why I recommend a vet. I'll find and add some links. Good luck.
If you lift his hair up you can actually see mites if he has them
If u lift his fur up, u will be able to see them
I think you can tell by looking if he is scraching because mites mites might make your rat itchy.
they probably do. Rats aren't supposed to be pets. They're filthy.
  • credit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment