Friday, February 5, 2010

How to I remove rust from a Rat Cage?

Hi All





I have just bought a secondhand rat cage for my two new Dumbo rats, (which are beautiful). The cage has quite a lost of rust on it, and I wondered if anyone knew how I could remove it, before Nibbles and Cheddar move into their new home. Thank you so much.





KateHow to I remove rust from a Rat Cage?
Cillit bang and a scourer.How to I remove rust from a Rat Cage?
Keep brown rats and then the rust won't show
oooh i had the same problem wire wool did the trick,and lots of elbow grease.x
wire wool or a wire brush. It shouldn't get any worse as long as it doesn't get wet. I love dumbo rats they are cute Loving the names you've given them
Easy peasy. Wire wool or brush the rust off and then repaint it with HAMMERITE smooth in a variety of colours, its non toxic and keeps the rust at bay. I am sure nibbles and cheddar will be most comfortable
Take it outside, use a wet brillo pad to scrub the cage down to its former shiny self, then give it a really good rinse and dry (make sure no cleaning substance left on bars)
let the rat eat it that need iron in yhere diet to
I haven't got any tips for removing the rust but I'd suggest buying a new cage, cos you can never be too safe with rodents, cos they can get ill pretty quickly from anything...plus do you know from the previous owner why the cage was so rusty?





:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment