Friday, February 5, 2010

My rat terrier has developed brown spots on her pink tummy, what is it and what can I do?

The vet said it was ';oil spots'; but I can't wash them off. They're increasing in number and are appearing all over her tummy.My rat terrier has developed brown spots on her pink tummy, what is it and what can I do?
My Rat Terrier, Angel, will be six in October and as she has aged the spots get larger. Also I have noticed that she is getting some of her tan and white coming in the top of her head.My rat terrier has developed brown spots on her pink tummy, what is it and what can I do?
Oh lord...IT'S COLOR/pigment/FRECKLES!!! ALL spotted type dogs get them as they age!!! THEY'RE **SUPPOSED** TO!!!
i have had jack russell terriers for years and they are very similar to the rat terriers. they have ';pink skin'; under their fur. as they age, they develop spots on their skin that are very similar to a dalmation or possibly even a cow. my jack is 6 1/2 yrs old. she now is getting ';beauty marks'; in her underfur that shows only when her hair has been trimmed.





your dog is fine so count the dots or connect them with your finger and tickle your little rat.





happy thoughts of puppy kisses.
It's natural. My terriers have that too. It's just a coloration change. Nothing to worry about. My older terrier has an all brown belly now, whereas his younger brother is still pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment